EXEControl supports every business activity. A group of software modules provide reports and on-line inquiry functions to facilitate the management of each business activity. EXEControl application modules are comprehensive and rich in features.
- Electronic Data Transfer supplies two-way electronic communications between EXEControl and third party applications and data sets. Business transactions such as purchase orders, order acknowledgements and invoices can be transmitted electronically to and from customers and suppliers. Data can also be conveniently transferred to third party software for further analysis using ‘off-the-shelf’ software. Additionally, data can be made visible using standard .CSV (comma-delimited), tab delimited, XML, EDI X12, HTML and SQL formats to be imported/exported to/from EXEControl with relative ease.
- System Painter is used to build and maintain files, entry screens, menus, inquiries and reports needed to satisfy the more specialized data base management requirements of a business. System Painter steps the user through easy to use screens, and uses the responses to generate the appropriate files, procedures and programs. System Painter is simple enough for the novice and sophisticated enough for the expert programmer. Because System Painter has been used to develop the entire EXEControl system, the unique applications created by a business will be consistent with EXEControl’s User Interface (UI).
- Tools and Accessories is a collection of system utilities and productivity tools that are of general use in an automated office environment. The tools include; system-wide calendar, address rolodex, task scheduler and knowledge database system.
- EXECview is a document management system which provides tools to manage the processing of documents and images. All documents may be associated to any number of specific EXEControl records.
- Security permits establishing user access codes and defining user privileges. Security may be established by device, user, application, action button and field. EXEControl also utilizes all the inherent security features found within the Operating System and database engine to provide enterprise level security control.
- Utility incorporates procedures for performing system backups, maintaining optimum system efficiency and for producing reports on users and file usage.
- Business Control is used to define the corporate structure of the business which identifies the companies, divisions, plants and offices in the corporate organization. Key general ledger information is specified in this module along with a definition of the business year and number of accounting periods. To increase system performance, procedures are included in this module to defer report generation to off-peak hours. Procedures are also included in this module to distribute data electronically to remote machines and periodically move data from the system disk to archival storage devices.
- Accounts Receivable is used to maintain customer information, generate timely invoices, apply cash receipts, age accounts, determine sales commissions, calculate sales taxes and to determine customer credit history. Customer satisfaction can be enhanced by EXEControl’s immediate visibility of on-line account information including the status of open invoices, credits, debits and the dates and amounts paid.
- Accounts Payable features procedures for efficient cash management. Payables can be rapidly and accurately processed. The module incorporates routines for check writing and reconciliation of bank statements. Reports provide the necessary information for management of payment policies and for the analysis and forecasting of cash availability and requirements.
- General Ledger is the focal point of accounting activity and is used to record journal transactions from other modules such as Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, Inventory Control and Payroll. The module accommodates charts of accounts for multiple companies, divisions and plants. Consolidated and unit financial statements can be readily designed by the client organization to meet specific accounting and analysis demands. Budgets and plans can be maintained and reports can incorporate comparisons between current periods, previous periods and budgets.
- Time Reporting is used to allocate employee time via electronic time clock or manual input to specific activities and to maintain information on employee absences, overtime, holidays and vacations. Time allocation information from this module provides data to the Payroll and Job Costing modules without the necessity of data reentry.
- Payroll is used to process payroll, to prepare checks, to maintain accurate records including deductions, taxes paid and overtime and to prepare government mandated reports such as the W2 and 941 forms.
- Customer Order provides the tools to manage the processing of sales orders. It is employed to enter and maintain customer orders, record shipments and to report on booked orders, open orders and back orders. All necessary business forms are generated by EXEControl including: quotes, order acknowledgements, picking lists, bill of ladings, box labels, shipment labels, bar-code labels (UCC-128) and packing slips.
- Sales Analysis is used to generate reports and analyses of sales. Included in the comprehensive group of reports are comparisons of dollar amounts and item quantities to budgets and prior periods. Sales forecasts may be captured and reported upon. Procedures are incorporated in this module so that one-time and special analyses can be readily prepared by the client organization.
- U.P.S. Manifest is an approved Host Manifest System that is directly integrated with EXEControl. Even though the module has been approved by U.P.S. for both domestic and international on-line shipping, the module may also be used for any and all carriers. The module’s routines automatically create daily pickup manifest records based upon entry of normal shipment data. The module also prints UPS-approved shipping labels for packages that include all necessary shipping and tracking information. Standard zone and rate tables may be adjusted easily to accommodate changes without reprogramming. Shipping costs are calculated such that customer billing may be in line with actual shipping costs in accordance with your company’s freight billing policies.
- Request for Quote provides tools to manage the processing of RFQ’s (Requests For Quotes) and inquiries to vendors. Once RFQ’s or Vendor Inquiries have been submitted, user can quickly and easily capture vendor responses and update information against associated RFQ’s. Once all information has been received and quote decisions made, sending of responses to customers is automatically performed by EXEControl. Follow up and win-rate reporting help make your company more competitive.
- Inventory Management maintains perpetual on hand inventory status including in stock, on demand, reserved, on order, staged, unavailable, on receiving dock, in transit, in rework, on production floor, in repair and an unlimited number of user defined definitions. Full lot traceability and pedigree management is maintained within the ‘leveled’ inventory structure. Complete unit of measure conversion formulas are stored and used to maintain quantity information. Quantity information may be entered using dimensional prompting. Options to maintain accessory component lists are available.
- Inventory Count is used to facilitate the execution of both periodic physical inventory evaluations and daily ABC cycle counting.
- Purchasing is integrated with the Inventory Control module and is designed to support the purchasing function in procurement of inventory and non-inventory items by helping plan purchases, printing purchase orders, controlling receiving and updating the Inventory Control module. MRP schedules, lead-time, purchase horizons, seasonality and safety stock are all considered by EXEControl when making reorder recommendations. Reports include item usage experience and vendor performance analysis.
- Job Costing tracks manufacturing, maintenance and repair work orders through the phases of estimation, quotation, scheduling, progress monitoring and cost/profit analysis.
- Service Call Tracking is designed to allow service calls to be entered, scheduled, have activity tracked, billings adjusted and generate customer or warranty invoices.
- Quality-Technical Data is used to capture and analyze information, such as quality control results. Both product and process data elements may be captured. Product elements such as compositions are linked to the inventory item, work order and production level. Process elements such as temperatures or run rates are linked to the prices of equipment as well as to time. Through the linkage of time, correlative analysis can merge the product and process information to bring further understanding of your manufacturing process. SPC graphing and COA’s (Certificate of Analysis) are supported within EXEControl. EXEControl’s integrated scheme pulls all information from all modules together such as who, what, where, when, how and why.
- Product Design features procedures to develop and maintain bills of materials and processes for manufactured products. Powerful configuration coding routines are provided which automate the process of identifying and creating unique items within a given product grouping through a series of user-defined questions. Additional features include engineering change orders and mass component replacements.
Previously, the company was run on three different software platforms, and none of them was really adequate for the job. We chose EXEControl because it is an integrated software system that has the power, sophistication, and flexibility we require to work more efficiently today and to accommodate new acquisitions in the future.